The foreign entity requires local company since it is impossible to apply for the permit independently. Himalayan Nepal Trek P. Ltd will be your formal representative throughout this whole permit procedure and work progress. We will assist you with all the necessary documents and the application through governmental agencies and Ministry of Information and Communication, responsible to grant the filming permit. Permit depends on diverse shooting location and so forth letter of approval from different government entities. For example, approval of Department of Archaeology for the World Heritage Sites and approval of Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation for the National Parks areas.
Documents required for the Filming Permits in Nepal
- A letter from filmmaker sourcing a Himalayan Nepal Trek P. Ltd as representative.
- A letter from Himalayan Nepal Trek P. Ltd to Ministry of Information and Communications.
- An application form with a postal stamp fee of Rs 50.
- A summary of the film.
- List of music used in the film (If you are using music).
- A list of crew members with passport details.
- Arrival tickets of crew members.
- Hotel Reservation for crew members.
- A complete itinerary including exact dates and locations for filming in Nepal.
- A list of filming equipment with their value for custom clearance purpose.
- Approval issued by Department of Archaeology in case you are filming in any of the four World Heritage Sites in Nepal: Kathmandu Valley (including 7 individual sites: Pashupatinath Temple Swoyambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Changu Narayan Temple); Lumbini; Chitwan National Park; Sagarmatha National Park. (NOTE: Cost permit for the location varies from one other).
- Approval issued by Pashupatinath Development Fund Office for filming in Pashupatinath Temple.
- Approval issued by Department of Wildlife Conservation for filming in Conservation Areas.
- Approval issued by Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation for filming in Upper Mustang and Upper Dolpo, which costs USD 5000 in each area.
- Approval issued by Lumbini Development Fund for filming in Kapilvastu and in Lumbini.